- Course Description
- AP Biology is an introductory college-level biology course. Students cultivate their understanding of biology through inquiry-based investigations as they explore the following topics: evolution, cellular processes, energy and communication, genetics, information transfer, ecology, and interactions.
- College Course Equivalent
- The AP Biology course is equivalent to a two-semester college introductory biology course for biology majors.
- Students should have successfully completed high school courses in biology and chemistry.
- Lab requirement
- This course requires that 25 percent of the instructional time will be spent in hands-on laboratory work, with an emphasis on inquiry-based investigations that provide students with opportunities to apply the science practices.