- Course Description
- The AP Chemistry course provides students with a college-level foundation to support future advanced coursework in chemistry. Students cultivate their understanding of chemistry through inquiry-based investigations, as they explore content such as: atomic structure, intermolecular forces and bonding, chemical reactions, kinetics, thermodynamics, and equilibrium.
- College Course Equivalent
- The AP Chemistry course is designed to be the equivalent of the general chemistry course usually taken during the first college year.
- Students should have successfully completed a general high school chemistry course and Algebra II.
- Lab Requirement
- This course requires that 25 percent of instructional time engages students in lab investigations. This includes a minimum of 16 hands-on labs (at least six of which are inquiry-based). It is recommended that students keep a lab notebook throughout.